Sunday, January 13, 2008

birthday week!

  • perhaps the best birthday of my adult life - lots of calls and cards and emails.
  • a wonderful treat at the 'mom spa' in mt pleasant, courtesy of the people that clean my house and my husband. he called and added on to my service as a surprise!
  • dinner at fig - finally - four years in the making and worth every minute and dollar. yummy food, quiet time with david. the perfect dinner.
  • a productive week - having 3 new employees start on monday which i recruited. haven't had to do that in a while and i didn't forget how!
  • a hard move into our new office. it's over!
  • a trip to houston planned for tuesday of this week. getting to see how another office is run as a step closer to my new role.
  • david showing up on friday afternoon and helping with the move.
  • benjamin spending the night friday night and having fun squirrell hunting with david. gross, eewww, yuck and all of that - he seems to be learning the respect that comes with holding a gun and hunting.
  • david going with me yesterday to set up my new 'cube'. his good ideas for space efficiency (sp) with the small small space and all my stuff to make the office 'homey'.
  • researching the world that is the ipod and how to get it hooked up in my car for less than a million dollars and with clear sound. it may not be possible, but i'm learning something so that's to be grateful for!
  • plans in a few minutes to go to a movie with karen and candice at the terrace on james island.
  • the cowboys for entertaining david at 4:30 today.
  • david doing laundry and helping me get the house ready for it to be cleaned on thursday.
  • purging more junque! to goodwill.
  • less than 24 hours to baby campbell! kevin and cynthia doing the belly caste on saturday night. how much fun is that?!
  • the eyes this child will have from his daddy!
  • you, my clear sounding ipod, you!

1 comment:

michelle said...

What?! You mean Charlies isn't your #1? :-)